Tips to Help You Deal with Erectile Dysfunction
For many people in the United States, the topic of erectile dysfunction has become something of a joke. For the millions of men who suffer from it, it is not a laughing matter. It haas been estimated that more than 30 million cases have been reported around the country. About 40% of all men who are 40 years old or older suffer from this, according to the Cleveland Clinic. That same organization has said that this number soars to 70% when men reach 70 years old. If you are looking for a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction, you are not alone. There are things you can to to help you deal with this real problem.
- Schedule a visit with your doctor. If you are suffering from erectile dysfunction, this should be the first thing you do to deal with it. There are many causes of erectile dysfunction. There are a number of health problems that can lead to erectile dysfunction. For example, it has been found that between 50% and 60% of all cases in men who are over the age of 60, the culprit is hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Before you start to worry about the things you can do to deal with your erectile dysfunction, you should make sure it is not a sign of something serious.
- Make changes to your lifestyle. When it comes to finding a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction, this has to top the list. Doing simple things like switching to a more healthy diet may be all you need to alleviate your problem. Getting more exercise and losing some weight will make you healthier and can decrease problems you have with erectile dysfunction. Your doctor may have told you to quit smoking or limit the alcohol you drink, both will help with erectile dysfunction.
- Try acupuncture. This is growing in popularity as a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction and a go to for stress, quitting smoking and a host of medical problems and ailments. In 1999, research was done to show how effective this natural remedy for erectile dysfunction can be. About 39% of men in a study on acupuncture and erectile dysfunction had reduced symptoms. In 2003, more research was done that showed 21% of the men studies experienced better erections when they had acupuncture treatments.
- There are also supplements that have had good results for people looking for a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction. They include:
- Ginseng: Red ginseng, also called panax ginseng, has shown itself to be effective at combating erectile dysfunction. When men are given anywhere from 600 to 1,000 milligrams, given three times a day, they report some success in dealing with their erectile dysfunction. Researchers say that this kind of ginseng has compounds known as ginsenosides, which can improve the quality of an erection. This is most effective for men with a high concentration of lipids in their blood.
- Rhodiola rosea: This does not have as much scientific research behind it. When a group of men were told to take between 150 and 200 milligrams a day, about 74% said they had a significant reduction in their erectile dysfunction after three months.
- L-arginine: This is one of the essential amino acids that we need to get. One thing it does in the body is increase the production of nitric oxide. That helps to relax the blood vessels all over the body including those responsible to developing and maintaining an erection. Taking L-arginine can improve sexual performance as a result of the increase in nitric oxide. New studies have shown that when this is taken along side of the plant product, pycnogenol, erectile dysfunction can be reduced for 80% of the men studied. This improvement comes after two months of taking these supplements. After three months of taking them, nearly 92% saw improvements.
Many men suffer in silence rather than trying a natural remedy for erectile dysfunction or talking to their doctor. There are more products and options for men that suffer with this problem. They range from the natural remedies to other options such as getting a pump for erectile dysfunction or engaging in vacuum therapy for ED. Only you and your doctor can work out the best treatment for ED for you.