Have you ever wanted to do something you have never done before? Do you want to be able to do a pull-up? How about a handstand? Clean and jerk? What about planning, prepping, cooking and enjoying a great meal with your family or friends? Want to organize your life? Learn how to schedule your routine?
although most of us have some things that we would like to try to do differently, it is important to realize that for the majority of Americans, changes are difficult.
If we want to make sure that our children, and the next generation, have an opportunity for a healthier approach to life, we must find a way to embrace the changes that are proven to work. Unfortunately, sometimes we do not just change because we get into a rut and can falsely believe that we know it all. It is more comfortable to stay the current way. It is often not until there are very big reasons that we finally change. When it comes to our health, it is important to realize that the positive changes that we make will also determine the future of our children. From the selection of the child doctor who you visit to the food that you put on the table, there are a number of ways that parents alone are responsible for the health of their children’s future.
How Did You Select the Child Doctor Who Your Family Visits
Having a mentor or coach teach you a new skill or guide your progress creates a deeper switch in the brain then simply seeing someone online with a nice body who says they do a specific thing. People need people to be better. Adults need great role models and so do children. When it comes to modeling good health habits, taking a child to regular well child visits is a great first step. Even children who are fortunate enough to not get sick often need to visit a child doctor once a year for a physical and to get the necessary and recommended vaccines/
Parenting is about accountability, planning, and execution. It is progress over perfection and regrouping instead of retreating. And while there are some mothers and fathers who can make parenting look easy, every family faces challenges. Having the right resources in your corner, however, is an important step in making sure that you can face the unexpected challenges that occur.
Consider how these facts and figures indicate that the child doctor you visit can help you maintain the health of your sons and daughters:
- Children start to get colds after six months of age when the immunity they received from their mother fades and they have to build up their own immune system.
- Emergency pediatric hospitals need to provide are in some very dangerous situations. For instance, in the year 2016 alone, cosmetics and personal care supplies caused the most poisonings in children aged five and under with as many as 138,904 reported cases.
- These statistics mean that more than 300 children between the ages of 0 to 19 in the U.S. are treated in the emergency room for accidental poisoning.
- The highest percentage of obesity prevalence among children and adolescents between the ages of two and 19 years in the U.S. was 18.5 percent during the years 2015 to 2016.
- In 2016, 5.3% of children between the ages of two and 17 years had food allergies in the past year.
- In 2016, nearly 91.1% of U.S. children between the ages of two and 17 years were vaccinated against measles, mumps and rubella (MMR).
In an attempt to make sure that you change and provide a healthy start for your children, it is important to make sure that you go to the recommended well check visits. These recommended health check marks are two weeks, two months, four months, six months, nine months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, two years, two and a half years, three years, four years and five years. Change is not always easy, but if you want to make sure your child has the best chance of living a healthier life than you have it is important to make sure that you use all of the available resources.