Are You Trying to Lose Weight Before the Holiday Party Season Begins?
The Monday after four days off work can be a tough one. To get yourself started, you simply start with the basics. On This Monday after Thanksgiving you are going to be certain to do the following:
! Make sure you do the following today:
- Move with intensity.
- Drink more water than normal.
- Eat more vegetables than normal.
- Abstain from sugar and booze.
- Write five gratitudes.
- Practice gratitudes no matter what the day brings.
Getting healthy is a combination of many intentional behaviors. Some people make the decision to join weight loss programs, but they still need to make sure that they get the exercise that they need. In fact, if you want to be successful in your efforts to achieve weight loss you need to make sure that you are intentional about many parts of your life.
Healthier Lifestyles Offer a Number of Benefits to People of All Ages
If you are beginning a new healthy journey this holiday season, it is important that you both eat right and get the proper amount of exercise. Even if you make the decision to invest in one of the best weight loss programs, you still need to get the recommended amount of daily exercise if you want to see the best results.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the current health of our nation to get an idea about the importance of focusing on being your best healthy self:
- The latest research indicates that 54% of U.S. adults are currently trying to reduce their weight.
- One of every two Americans indicate that they are unsuccessful at losing weight because they simply do not have enough self-discipline.
- Losing a mere 5% to 10% of your weight is proven to lower your chance of developing heart disease.
- 80% of dieters are trying to lose weight on their own, but many of them struggle to succeed.
- Obesity is defined by The World Health Organization as having a body mass index (BMI) greater than or equal to 30; BMIs greater than or equal to 25 are considered overweight.
- 70% of respondents in a 2016 Mintel Diet Trends survey agreed that a strong support system is essential to achieving diet goals.
Whether it is the first Monday after Thanksgiving or the first Tuesday of the New Year, it is always a great time to start thinking about the foods that you eat and the amount of exercise that you get.